JESSICA THERRIEN

From Imagination To Publication

Monday, January 2, 2012

The Buzz: Destined by Jessie Harrell

You cannot escape what is destined...

Good suck-you-in kind of line, huh? It got me. Also, get a load of this cover:

Totally hot, right? Consider me officially sold. If you're not sold yet, here's the blurb...


"As he approached, I heard the flapping of wings, like an overgrown eagle. The sound dissolved when he landed at the edge of the open window. A rush of wind flew past me and extinguished the flames in the fireplace. Stars glimmered behind him but his body was encircled in black."

***
When Psyche receives a prophecy gone horribly wrong, she learns that even the most beautiful girl in Greece can have a hideous future. Her fate? Fall in love with the one creature even the gods fear.

As she feels herself slipping closer into the arms of the prophecy, Psyche must choose between the terrifyingly tender touch she feels almost powerless to resist and the one constant she's come to expect out of life: you cannot escape what is destined.

Destined is a fresh and heartachingly romantic retelling of the Cupid & Psyche myth from debut novelist, Jessie Harrell.

Have any new YA books caught your eye lately?

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the awesome shout out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, the cover is captivating! And the book sounds down right awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love covers. This sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading this one right now. Very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am adding it to my TBR :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've loved this cover ever since I first saw it - absolutely stunning. Now I just need to read the story that goes with it!

    ReplyDelete